Sunday 14 February 2010

Thai Green Chicken Curry

So for the main meal guests had the choice of Lamb tagine with apricots and chickpeas or Thai Green chicken curry. I think because of the very fact the tagine started with having to bone 6 legs of lamb and this was laborious and messy- I didn't want to pick up my camera and therefore only have photographs of the curry!





I really think you've got to have a good green curry paste to make a good curry and although I have experimented making my own pastes, the one I buy from my local thai supermarket mixed together with some fresh ingredients really makes the best.

I don't know if I cant write a recipe for this... I will try.

I start by finely slicing lemon grass and soaking for a few minutes in lime juice with shredded galangal.
I then fry off a few spoons of green curry paste and then add the lemon grass, galangal, slices of ginger, garlic, torn lime kaffir leaves and coconut milk.
In a separate pan I lightly fry red onion, carrot, red pepper and sliced mushrooms and then add to the coconut before they brown.
Lastly add diced chicken to the curry and cook through on a gentle heat before adding fresh coriander and asparagus spears until tender. Serve with basmati rice.

No comments: