So how do you finish a Middle Eastern meal? Probably with Orange and Almond Cake with pistachios or Cardamon ice-cream or maybe home made baklava? ... nope I had cravings for Banoffee Pie all day and so Banoffee Pie it would be! :) It was goooood had to give the last two slices to stu in a doggy bag to prevent it from being my next breakfast!
150g Plain Digestives
397g tin of condensed milk (covered at all times with water and boil for 4 hours)
3 ripe bananas
300ml of double cream - whipped
pinch of cinnamon
chocolate to shave over the cream
- Crush the biscuits together in a plastic bag by bashing with rolling pin (this is the bit you can hand to a child or boyfriend to make them think they are doing something ;) )
- Mix in a pinch of cinnamon and 100g of melted butter into the crumbs and press into the bottom of a 24cm cake tin.
- Bake in 180C fan oven for 12 minutes
- Leave to cool and then turn out onto serving plate. Spread toffee all over the base, top with sliced ripe banana and top again with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Add glitter and gold stars if like me you find it hard to leave it at this stage!
Chill in the fridge until you serve.