These little rolls work well on shared starter plate/mezze type thing as they are tiny but very delicious and look pretty all placed together.
First I made the filling. This was a bit of a make up as you go along type recipe but the basics are...
- Saute finely chopped onion and garlic until soft. Add fried minced beef and season well with S&P. Add a pinch of cinnamon, ground cumin, paprika and chilli powder.
- Add a pint of chicken stock and put the lid on the pan so the beef sweats and tenderises after about 20 minutes on a low heat.
- When cooled a little add toasted pinenuts and chopped parsley.
- Slice aubergines lengthways 5mm and brush with olive oil, roast for 10 mins or so on 220C until golden and cooked through.
- Roll the aubergine with a spoonfull of filling and place in a dish side by side ready to heat when serving.