Wednesday 28 July 2010

Pret-A-Portea at the Berkeley


I’m waiting in the hotel lobby for my friends to join me in the Caramel room at The Berkeley and I can hardly contain myself. I have been baking all morning, doing a tea for Louis Vuitton and resisted many a scone and sandwich for this moment. You see the Pret a Portea at The Berkeley is no ordinary tea. This is a tea menu that changes every 6 months to reflect the themes and colours of the fashion world. 


We are shown to our  table and order loose tea which comes in beautiful Paul Smith china. Eve is celebrating her Birthday, Jo is celebrating her engagement and I am celebrating calories. Hehe, no I am celebrating with them.


We are brought our individual plates of sandwiches and then a three tier cake stand is placed in the middle of our table by our lovely waiter who shows us the Spring/Summer catwalk trends and point out (with a nifty laser pen) which cake is inspired by which designer. If you go, do note that they replenish your plates as you wish so 1.no fighting over the one macaroon 2.It's well worth £35.00

(check out the Anya Hindmarch bag in the middle)

I’ve got to say, it was inspirational and I can’t wait to recreate! We were asked if we wanted to take any of our favourites home and we given these cute little card handbag boxes with our goodies. Like true ladies of leisure (for the day) we hopped into a cab to Cowshed on Carnaby Street and my sugar shakes were calmed by the most wonderful massage, then for a little shopping…


Jo, Eve, Me