Friday 3 December 2010

Prickly Pears

So the week before last I was in Spain helping my family design a new road and some rooms we are putting in for our holiday rental properties for next season. My mum thought it might be an idea to take the ferry over to Tangiers, Morocco for a couple days of inspiration. We stayed in a beautiful hotel and had a lovely time, it shall be my next post! In the meantime here are some photos from our local village in Spain. This guy parked up his moped with two crates of prickly pears on his seat, some plastic bags and a knife for peeling. He had a steady stream of customers by the time I had gone over to get a bag. It's a great idea to sell them like this as you have to wear gloves to peel them yourself as they are from a cactus plant and have tiny, invisible spines that irritate your skin. What I couldn't get over was that this guy wasn't wearing a glove. A kilo of peeled pears for €1.50, so very worth it. 




No comments: