Friday 4 June 2010

TASTE OF LONDON


Wow I have been feeling so guilty since my last post. I did pour myself a cup of tea and fix myself a slice of cake, and then ten minutes turned into ten days because I had an enquiry and was scribbling menu ideas until I had to catch a plane, a plane to Spain.


I hadn’t touched ground 20 minutes before I was in the kitchen, but let’s face it, this is where I am happiest.

So although I disappeared for a bit I am back now and have plenty to blog about!

Firstly - Taste of London 


17-20 June Regents Park 
http://www.tastefestivals.com/london

I was very fortunate to be invited to a little sneak preview of Taste of London this year.  There were about 15 food bloggers, writers, chefs and critics and we were treated to three courses at three different restaurants that will feature at the Festival later this month.

Knowing this, I denied myself breakfast that day. This was hard, as I go by the rule of “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a princess and dinner like a pauper”
Hmmm, maybe not the pauper bit! Gosh there was a lot of food consumed and a lot of wine and champagne… lurvely. This didn’t stop me from getting a cheeky strawberry tart on my way home after more drinking, no excuse really other than I’m about as greedy as they come ;)

Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill – Yauatcha – Dehesa (The Salt Yard)
           
These are just three of about fifty London restaurants that will be exhibiting at Taste. Taste will be offering us an insight to Malaysian cuisine this summer and featuring one of my favourite restaurants -Satay House!
I went here for my birthday a few years back and after I sent out the invite my friend Ellie replied – I will come but I hope you realise Satay house might aswell be called “Death house” to me (oops forgot she has a serious nut allergy!)

At Bentleys we ate Oysters, smoked salmon on rye and fish a chips with mushy peas and tartare sauce. At Yauatcha we were spoilt with the most beautiful dim sum and have got to mention the wine paired with he seafood -Chateau Ste Michelle Dry Riesling 2009 Washington State, USA AMAZING. At Dehesa (sister restaurant to Salt Yard)- Courgette flowers stuffed with feta cheese and drizzled with honey, Smoked octopus a la Gallega with crispy shallots and Chargrilled beef bavette with Salsa Verde and Escalivada. Well I wont bore you with the details of every dish, all I can say is that it was all so wonderful and you have to go to Taste to sample it all!

By the way, visit www.tastefestivals.com/london/ice-cream where you can submit your idea for an original ice cream flavour along with a suitable name and see your very own limited edition brand of ice cream served at Taste of London this summer. (You’ve got til the 7th of June to enter and can win free entry)

Hope to see some of you there.



















This is a pic of the guy who sold me my strawberry tart, I thought he was as sweet as the pastries!


No comments: