Monday 15 April 2013

Pretzel Buns

Some food just screams EAT ME! Surprisingly, for me, it's the savoury stuff that beckons. I saw these Swiss pretzel buns on a food/photography blog and had to make them straight away. If you like bagels, or fresh, doughy pretzels then you're going to love these buns. They are chewy, salty, shiny and cute. They are addictive. I ate one warm with serrano ham, manchego and mustard mayo and then a few one with butter and heaps of jam. Excuse being that they're just not the same the next day.For a peek at some beautiful photography and the recipe, check out Rosa's blog





8 comments:

good times tora said...

well they look delicious. I'm a bit scared of bread, in any form. And pastry. Basically anything that requires you follow a proper recipe, rather than my throw-it-all-in-and-hope-for-the-best approach. Might give these a go though!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thanks for the kind words and link. Your rolls look magnificent! Great job.

Cheers,

Rosa

thelittleloaf said...

Oh wow, these look so so delicious. Love that shiny crust! Heading to get the recipe NOW.

Milli said...

I do make bread, especially when I am in Spain as it's not a quick walk to the shops but my results are often a bit shoddy as I am impatient too! These buns are pretty fool proof I reckon. Start with quick breads?

Milli said...

Thanks Rosa, means a lot coming from you! I loved the recipe.

Milli said...

I will definitely make them again when there's a crowd over as they really are best eaten fresh. I've never made anything like them, so it was fun to experiment.

laura@howtocookgoodfood said...

I used to love buying these from the German bakers when I lived in Petersham, got to be one of the most lovely things to eat. I have made pretzels before but now will make these,they look so so good!

Gujjar said...

Just listen to your body, eat in silence and see what feels good and you will spontaneously choose the foods that are beneficial to you. Maher