Monday 7 March 2011

Green Papaya Salad 'Som Tam'

Quick and easy Thai salad for you. I've been so busy this past week last night I was in bed by 8.30pm and tonight I may follow suit. So I am VERY sorry for not updating my blog in over a week. Off to Spain again on Thursday so let's see how much I can blog in the next few days.
 Serves 2
1 green papaya (unripe)
1 fresh red chilli
3 tomatoes
handful of peanuts or cashews, toasted
coriander and basil
spring onions
long beans (if you can get them) cut into inch pieces

1 clove crushed garlic
juice of 2 limes
1 tsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of runny honey or agave syrup
soy sauce to taste
pinch of sea salt


Shred the papaya with a really sharp knife, I find grating it will turn it to mush.
Slice the tomatoes lenthways into 6 and finely chop the chillies and spring onions. 
Add all the ingredients but the nuts to a bowl and then make the dressing in a separate bowl. This has really got to be to your taste. 

Season and garnish with sliced chilli and toasted nuts.



No comments: