Sunday 31 October 2010

Lychee and Raspberry Chewing Gum

Jazzy and I had the best day yesterday making our own chewing gum at Bompas and Parr in Whiteley's pop up factory (truly lovely boys). I was excited anyway but it was double exciting that Jasmine has never had chewing gum and she was super excited. The last photo is of Jazz chewing her own gum her words were "this is so cool, I feel like a teenager!"
So first to the flavour library with hundreds of combinations to choose from. What two flavours to choose? Beer and bacon? Cigarettes and caviar? The possibilities were endless and just sniffing the jars was a giggly experience with a 5 year old. I went for lychee and raspberry.. I dont know when I'll get the chance to make my own chewing gum again and I would much rather be able to appreciate it than feel like I'm chewing on a cigarette (could work for some people I suppose?!)

 Then we had little capsules of our flavours to take to the "factory room"...


 Picking out the colourings, the citric acid and water to mix in with the mastic and then a tonne of icing sugar and our flavourings.



 The look on the girls face was priceless, you've never seen anyone more proud of their work.



Thank you Jazz, my little sous chef.

2 comments: