My life is complete now I have a new kitchen aid! Its all white and shiny so thought I'd make something white and shiny! Tested it out on meringues... add fresh cream and raspberries - heaven.
I go by the general rule of 60g of caster sugar to every 1 egg white.. use pasteurised egg white if for pregnant ladies or children. For mini meringues...
- Turn oven onto 180C
- Whisk egg whites in a really clean bowl until white and frothy
- Add sugar a little shake at a time
- Keep whisking high speed until glossy and stiff
- Spatula out into a piping bag (I use a jug for an extra hand)
- Pipe out onto a baking sheet (I spray mine lightly with bake spray)
- Turn oven down and Bake on 140C for 15 minutes and then switch your oven off and leave to dry overnight.
Best thing about meringues is they will keep for a long time in an airtight box ;)